BRE Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is a voluntary measurement rating for green buildings that was established in the UK by the Building Research Establishment (BRE). BREEAM is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings. It sets the standard for best practices in sustainable design and has become the de facto measure used to describe a building's environmental performance. The method is used to assess the environmental performance of both new and existing developments.
BREEAM provides clients, developers, designers and others with:
- Market recognition for low environmental impact buildings;
- Assurance that the best environmental practice is incorporated into a building;
- Inspiration to find innovative solutions that minimise the environmental impact;
- A benchmark that is higher than the imposed regulation;
- A tool to help reduce running costs, improve working and living environments;
- A standard that demonstrates progress towards corporate and organisational environmental objectives.
For a full range of information on BREEAM, the various BREEAM standards, case studies and training, go to http://www.breeam.org/.
AUDITECO GES offers services in conformance with the BREEAM International New Construction 2013 standard (both design and post-construction stages) for the following categories:
Health & Wellbeing
Hea 05a – Acoustic Performance
Hea 07 – Hazards
Tra 01 – Public transport accessibility
Tra 02 – Proximity to amenities
Wst 01 – Construction waste management
Land use and ecology
LE 01 – Site selection
LE 02 – Ecological value of the site
LE 04 – Cresterea ecologiei amplasamentului
LE 05 – Long term impact in biodiversity
Pol 03 – Surface water run-off
Pol 05 – Noise attenuation