During complex decontamination projects, AUDITECO GES can ensure the compliance of remedial works with the applicable legal requirements and the compliance of the general contractor with the specifications of the technical decontamination project. Our experience covers a wide range of contaminants and working environments. AUDITECO GES experts can evaluate the nature and extent of contamination, assess the risks posed by contaminants to receptors and the levels of receptor exposure to sources of contamination and can also prepare remediation plans that address any issues caused by various contaminants.
Supervision of Remediation at Auditeco GES
Our considerable expertise indicates that an accurate investigation of soil and groundwater is an essential factor in planning subsequent works on a project. An investigation which identifies potential sources of contamination, main receptors and how these sources impact potential receptors is of utmost importance.
AUDITECO GES can develop specific risk assessment studies, followed by the development of a Solution Study and Remedial Design. The Solution Study and Remedial Design is based on previously collected field data and provides a balanced combination of financial and technical aspects, while presenting site specific advantages and disadvantages. For this purpose, we use the most modern and innovative methods of exploration and investigation, both in the field and in the evaluation of collected data.
AUDITECO GES adopts site specific approaches to site remediation and redevelopment works, such as: phased work schedules, optimized costs and technologies and so forth. We integrate key elements of project remediation with future site development plans and we apply innovative thinking to achieve reasonable risk levels for the future land use, be it sensitive or less sensitive. Risks must be reduced to an acceptable safe level for human and ecological receptors.
Execution of remediation services
- Supervision of decontamination works by ensuring the compliance of the general contractor with the technical decontamination project and the quality of any specific decontamination works carried out on site;
- Recovery of soil and groundwater samples, proper labelling and storage and transport of samples to an authorised laboratory for physical and chemical analyses;
- Onsite technical assistance for solving punctual issues which may appear during decontamination works;
- Preparation of progress reports;
- Visit of landfills where contaminated soil is transported and stored (if needed);
- Development of a final site report which assesses site compliance with applicable legal thresholds for intended site use, after the completion of decontamination works.
Our approach to remediation projects can save our clients significant time and financial resources. Due to our considerable expertise with various contaminated sites across the country, we can interpret and integrate field data in an efficient manner. Tangible field experience of applicable solutions and approaches, fast problem-solving skills and flexibility are key elements that we make available to our clients in order to ensure the successful completion of even the most challenging projects. With the right experts, any contaminated property can be turned into a productive asset, within acceptable timeframes and overhead expenses. Several such successful decontamination projects are available on our website, at https://www.auditeco.ro/en/proiecte/environmental-remediation/2.