The Presentation and Declaration Statement is a mandatory component of the permitting documentation that must be submitted by a company in order to obtain its Environmental Permit.
In order to obtain an Environmental Permit, a company must submit the following to the local environmental protection agency: the Presentation and Declaration Statement, an official application for the issuance of an Environmental Permit and proof that the request for the issuance of an Environmental Permit had been announced publicly through at least one method (an announcement in the local or national mass-media, an announcement on the internet, a public announcement on the radio or at TV), a site location map and a site layout map.
Presentation & Declaration Statement – Regulations
The following regulations in force concerning environmental protection must be taken into account when preparing the presentation and declaration file:
- Government Emergency Ordinance no. 195/2005 on environmental protection, approved with its modifications and completions by Law no. 265/2006, with its subsequent modifications and completions;
- Ministry Order no. 1798/2007 approving the Procedure for issuing the environmental permit;
- Ministry Order no. 184/1997 approving the Procedure for elaborating environmental assessments;
- Law no. 211/2011 concerning waste management - Republished, with its subsequent modifications and completions;
- Government Decision no. 856/2002 concerning record books of waste management and the approval of the waste list, including hazardous waste, with its subsequent modifications and completions;
- Law no. 249/2015 concerning the management of packaging and packaging waste, with its subsequent amendments and completions;
- Law no. 360/2003 concerning the regime of hazardous chemical substances and mixtures - Republished, with its subsequent modifications and completions;
- Ministry Order no. 794/2012 concerning the procedure for reporting data on packaging and packaging waste;
- Law no. 104/2011 concerning air quality, with its subsequent modifications and completions.
Presentation and Declaration Statement – Content
The content of the Presentation and Declaration Statement is included in Appendix no. 2 of Ministry Order no. 1798/2007. Thus, the Presentation and Declaration Statement must contain the following information:
- general data about the company;
- specific data about the activity of the company (the performed activity, equipment and raw materials used, utilities);
- pollution sources and protection measures (protection of water quality, sources of waste water and their compounds, protection of the atmosphere and sources of air pollutants, protection against noise and vibration and sources of noise and vibration, protection of soil and subsoil and possible sources of soil and subsoil pollution, protection against radiation and sources of radiation, forest fund protection, ecosystem protection, biodiversity and nature protection, protection of landscape and traditional areas of interest);
- waste management (sources of waste, types of waste, composition and quantities of generated waste), management of hazardous substances and mixtures (hazardous substances and mixtures used/stored, quantities used/stored and their safety data sheets), packaging management (types and quantities used);
- relation with the urbanism and territorial planning plans, protection of the residential areas;
- observance of the requirements of international conventions signed by Romania;
- other environmental protection data and information;
- ecological reconstruction and monitoring.
According to the applicable Romanian legislation, the content of the Presentation and Declaration Statement will be adapted to the specifics of the company’s activity, the requirements of the European and national environmental laws.
According to the provisions of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 195/2005 on environmental protection, approved with its modifications and completions by Law no. 265/2006, with its subsequent modifications and completions and to the provisions of Law no. 292/2018 concerning the environmental impact assessment of certain public and private projects, AUDITECO GES is registered in the National Environmental Auditors’ Registry under no. 274, being certified to develop every type of environmental study required by the Romanian legislation.